White Linen Catering by Bull & Bear Roadhouse is seeking a Wedding and Event Planner for the Skyline Lodge at Highland Forest.
We are looking for someone to join our Catering Team, servicing wedding ceremonies & receptions, social and corporate events, and more at our New Skyline Lodge venue!
Skyline Lodge is an Adirondack-style building featuring a panoramic view of southern Onondaga County, offers the perfect location for special occasions. It is available for weddings, parties, meetings and more, Skyline Lodge at Highland Forest also serves as an intimate public gathering place for skiers and all other park users looking to kick back and warm up around the fireplace during the winter. The expansive deck, outdoor seating areas, an indoor summer lounge, and Adirondack style chairs make the lodge equally as enjoyable the rest of the year. The park offices and ski/snowshoe rental shop (seasonal) are located at Skyline Lodge.
Our Wedding and Event Planner (WEP) is responsible for hands-on managing the wedding experiences of Skyline Lodge couples from the first site visit to the day we send them their one-year anniversary card. We look for people with magnetic, high-energy personalities with outstanding interpersonal skills.
A successful WEP has the right balance of the competitive drive needed to achieve sales goals and the genuine empathy required to shepherd couples through the wedding planning process. The relationship and rapport between our WEPs and our couples are strong. Our WEPs actually coordinate the wedding “Day Of" for our couples, so it is truly a "Start-To-Finish" experience.
Remember, we work when our clients and guests play, so weekend and evening availability is required.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions:
- Qualified WEP candidates have a positive attitude and a brilliant smile. Oh yes, there are few more things.
- A passion for weddings, events, and hospitality!
- Tremendous interpersonal skills (Verbal/Written/Listening/Presentation).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- A willingness to do "whatever it takes" to get the job done.
- The ability to work a variety of shifts, weekends, evenings and holidays – hey, it's hospitality!
- Skills to be graceful under pressure.
- The ability to relate to a diverse set of team members and clients.
- A basic understanding of financial statements and revenue reports.
- Two years of Catering/Sales/Hospitality experience (preferred but not required).
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous supervisor responsibility is required.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all required meetings and training.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with our Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.