PREP COOK-ALL LOCATIONS $200 BONUS FOR 120 DAYS OF CONTINUOUS EMPLOYMENT IN GOOD STANDING!
At Bull & Bear, the prep cook for the kitchen is responsible for preparing all menu items consistently and safely in accordance with Bull & Bear recipes and food sanitation guidelines. This individual is required to complete all prep work requested on the Prep Checklist each shift. Typically, the position is a morning shift though specific hours may vary by restaurant location.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to Bull & Bear’s policies and procedures including uniform, grooming, and attendance.
- Adhere to company, state, and county food safety and sanitation standards.
- Clean and sanitize work area before, during, and after shift.
- Maintain clean and organized work station, practicing safe and sanitary food handling at all times.
- Prepare food consistently based on recipes.
- Clearly label (including date) and store all containers of food accurately and consistently in accordance with kitchen and food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Receive, confirm, and appropriately label and store deliveries made while on shift.
- Maintain friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work.
- Complete all assigned kitchen prep work which may include cutting vegetables and/or proteins, making sauces and/or marinades and other general prep items.
Previous related experience working in a scratch kitchen (at least one year minimum preferred).
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage work flow and resolve questions and issues with team and leadership.
- Capable of using knives, industrial kitchen and food preparation equipment.
- Ability to work in a high-volume restaurant kitchen environment with exposure to wet floors, noise, and temperature extremes.
- Ability to place plates, utensils, pans, and cases on high and low shelves.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.