Prep Cook-All Locations
Bull and Bear
Syracuse, New York
At Bull and Bear, the prep cook for the kitchen is responsible for preparing all menu items consistently and safely in accordance with Bull and Bear recipes and food sanitation guidelines. This individual is required to complete all prep work requested on the Prep Checklist each shift. Typically, the position is a morning shift though specific hours may vary by restaurant location.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to Bull and Bear’s policies and procedures including uniform, grooming, and attendance.
- Adhere to company, state, and county food safety and sanitation standards.
- Clean and sanitize work area before, during, and after shift.
- Maintain clean and organized work station, practicing safe and sanitary food handling at all times.
- Prepare food consistently based on recipes.
- Clearly label (including date) and store all containers of food accurately and consistently in accordance with kitchen and food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Receive, confirm, and appropriately label and store deliveries made while on shift.
- Maintain friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work.
- Complete all assigned kitchen prep work which may include cutting vegetables and/or proteins, making sauces and/or marinades and other general prep items.
Previous related experience working in a scratch kitchen (at least one year minimum preferred).
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage work flow and resolve questions and issues with team and leadership.
- Capable of using knives, industrial kitchen and food preparation equipment.
- Ability to work in a high-volume restaurant kitchen environment with exposure to wet floors, noise, and temperature extremes.
- Ability to place plates, utensils, pans, and cases on high and low shelves.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.