The Assistant Manager’s role is to ensure consistent execution of all FOH systems and profitability by providing and ensuring quality training, coaching, and follow-through. They are accountable for service standards, systems, cleanliness, organization, Team Member engagement and the Guest experience including suggestive selling, answering questions, taking and delivering the Guests’ order, follow up to ensure each Guest receives their correct food and/or drink order, and every Guest is made to feel welcome at all times.
Please note that you must be able to work in any of our locations to apply for this position.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions:
- Knowledgeable of all Bull & Bear’s systems and operations in the FOH and BOH; must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all Team Members including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to General Manager on a regular basis.
- Communicates effectively with the Leadership Team and staff.
- Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to Bull & Bear’s standards (clean, neat, and organized) and ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for both FOH Team Members to execute their responsibilities.
- Writes department schedule, effectively maintaining labor goals and Guest satisfaction. The schedule should be planned using forecasted sales and labor budget while taking Team Member availabilities, requests and vacations into consideration.
- Responsible for posting department schedules in a timely manner. Ensures adequate advance notice is provided when posting holiday schedules.
- Communicates effectively with vendors.
- Knowledgeable of inventory procedures and is able to complete weekly inventory in their area of responsibility.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all FOH training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Interviews and assists in the hiring of all departments to maintain appropriate staffing par levels.
- Effectively maintains an area of responsibility in a restaurant that includes Guest Experience, Bar, Host, and Takeout to include service standards, sales focus, team member food, and beverage knowledge by coaching throughout and after the shift.
- Maintains a strong Dining Room focus, coaching Team Members throughout and after the shift.
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED); Some college preferred
- One to two years of management experience preferred.
- Full-service restaurant management experience preferred
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required. Must be able to attract, train, develop and retain the very best Team Members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on year-over-year sales growth, Guest count increases, effective staffing levels, great service, add-on sales, and labor cost management.