Line Cook-East Syracuse
At Bull and Bear, the Line Cook is responsible for working with the BOH kitchen team to ensure prep work is complete for the line stations prior to service and that food is prepared to the highest quality and consistency during service.
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to company policies and procedures including uniform, grooming, and attendance.
- Adhere to company, state, and county food safety and sanitation standards.
- Clean and sanitize work area before, during, and after shift.
- Ensure prep work is complete and pars are accurate for station prior to service.
- Maintain clean and organized work station, practicing safe and sanitary food handling at all times.
- Prepare and present food consistently based on recipe builds and/or guest request.
- Know all menu items including ingredient amounts and potential allergens.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Maintain friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work.
Previous related experience working in a scratch kitchen (at least one year minimum preferred)
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage work flow and resolve questions and issues with team and leadership.
- Capable of using knives, industrial kitchen and food preparation equipment.
- Ability to work in a high-volume restaurant kitchen environment with exposure to wet floors, noise, and temperature extremes.
- Ability to place plates, utensils, pans, and cases on high and low shelves.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma