Bull and Bear Roadhouse - East Syracuse is looking to hire a Kitchen Manager.
The top level management position within the kitchen responsible for the entire kitchen operation of the restaurant. The kitchen manager will lead the team in the delivery of food quality, execution, Guest service as well as the budget and the overall success of the kitchens operational objectives.
The kitchen manager is responsible for maintaining a high level of excellence throughout the restaurant to generate a guest experience that enables the achievement of sales and profit goals. The kitchen manager ensures compliance to standards for guest relations, prescribed company policies and practices, operational costs, safety, and sanitation.
The Kitchen manager must develop an environment conducive to the development and growth of all kitchen employees across functions. The Kitchen manager is responsible to delegate individual departmental tasks to other members and is responsible for the results they produce.
The Kitchen manager is responsible to ensure all financial accounting and administrative duties are performed as prescribed by the company standards.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Operational Excellence is trained and modeled within the kitchen to ensure flawless and passionate execution.
- Restaurant plans and goals are met such as EBITDAR, Sales, Marketing and Human Resources.
- Creates implements and delivers a food and beverage platform consistent with the brand. Demonstrates culinary vision and commitment to excellence in the restaurant.
- Conducts training and development on food and beverage programs that increases the knowledge and expertise of team members both FOH and BOH.
- Executes Company initiatives seamlessly.
- Labor controls, cash controls and restaurant security is administered to ensure workplace safety for employees and guests.
- Team members are selected, developed and retained.
- Team member image reflects our professional environment and brand pillars.
- Key financial systems and tools are utilized consistently to drive financial results.
- Product safety and sanitation practices are understood and adhered to all levels.
- Local Health Department regulations are in compliance.
- Company and government polices are met.
- Leads and executes the non-negotiables to ensure Guest satisfaction at all times.
- Accurately prepares, analyzes, forecasts and manages assigned operational budget to maximize the financial contribution.
- Continually looks for ways to improve the quality of operations while understanding the value of consistency in food, service, and execution.
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Makes decisions that enhance the restaurant’s profitability while balancing the need to grow sales, control costs, and positively affect profitability.
- Works effectively in situations involving shifting priorities and change.
- Imparts to others a sense of urgency, ownership and personal commitment to the work.
- Open to new ideas and seeks input from others with different perspectives and/or backgrounds.
- Displays behaviors that illustrate both company and personal values.
- Holds self and others accountable to complete assigned tasks.
Building and Maintaining Relationships:
- Treats people with respect and dignity.
- Expresses ideas clearly in one-on-ones and group discussions.
- Communicates information effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Encourages open dialog by listening, understanding and supporting others’ expression of ideas and opinions, while allowing the freedom to respectively disagree.
- Promotes collaborative, team-oriented behaviors and forms strong business partnerships across functions and shares best practices within the brand.
Coaching & Development:
- Proactively selects trains, retains, and leverages key talent for the restaurant’s success.
- Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of self, managers and Team members to ensure performance mastery.
- Trains Team on the operations fundamentals of sales building, financial acumen, food costs and labor to drive restaurant performance.
- Conducts performance reviews consistently using the established company standards, system and timeframes.
- Succession planning and development plans are evident throughout the restaurant, kitchen and FOH, with cross-trained individuals ensuring the ability to provide a well-rounded staff that support the long-term success of the operation.
- Sets challenging performance standards and SMART goals (Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic Timely), redirecting when goals are not met.
- Continually searches for ways to exceed Guest satisfaction.
- Inspires a service-oriented attitude in Team members.
- Is comfortable in Guest interaction regarding their needs, expectations and quality of the experience received.
- Proactively anticipates and exceeds Guests’ needs/expectations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-2 years KM experience or equivalent culinary leadership role.
- Experienced team leader able to produce results through others in the BOH. Has lead and developed a team consisting of 5 or more direct reports.
- Proficient in restaurant operations and finances including but not limited to budgeting and forecasting, labor mgt, cost controls, purchasing and inventory.
- Takes initiative, provides direction, and work with others as part of a coordinated team Strong supervisory, leadership, hands-on management and coaching skills to ensure established service levels are achieved at all times.
- Ability to communicate successfully and comfortably with various levels including management, departmental heads, customers and Guests.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work well under pressure; ability to prioritize, time manage, problem solve and multi-task successfully with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of customer service and guest recovery techniques.
- Demonstrates integrity and ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proficient with MS Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to sit for moderate periods of time working on a computer.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and work in a restaurant environment.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate kitchen equipment and other standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; bend, kneel and crouch and climb.
- Requires ability to read, write, communicate and interpret information accurately.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Must be able to work a variety of scheduled hours, based on the needs of the restaurant volume (i.e. late hours, holidays, weekends, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain your balance while carrying food/beverages.