Bull & Bear Roadhouse is looking to hire a Host.
At Bull & Bear Roadhouse, Hosts are assigned a specific function each shift with the overall focus on creating an exceptional experience for our guests.
- Focus on strategizing seating for the shift, greeting guests upon arrival, and communicating accurate wait times to guests.
- Focus on assessing the pace of tables seated to estimate accurate wait times, communicating the status of tables to managers, and taking guests to tables.
- Focus on taking all to-go orders (by phone or walk-in or tablet), answering all questions about menu items, confirming preparation time with the BOH team, entering orders into POS, packaging food items, presenting checks, and processing payments.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to Bull & Bear’s policies and procedures including dress, style, grooming guidelines.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work.
- Assist other hosts and team members as needed.
- Review any large party reservations in the book prior to shift start and strategize seating options.
- Present large party information, including any special notes, to the entire team at the pre-shift meeting.
- Greet all guests with a smile upon arrival to Bull and Bear and maintain a calm and welcoming presence throughout the shift.
- Provide accurate wait time, based on communication with managers and kitchen, and take note of the guest name, party size, phone number, and any special requests.
- Review the seating strategy prior to shift start.
- Consistently assess the status of tables, communicating with servers as needed, and providing updates to manager on duty.
- Welcome guests into our dining room, bringing menus and seating.
- Receive all phone calls to take to-go or pick-up orders, answering any questions regarding menu items.
- Communicate with the BOH team as needed to determine wait times for pick-up or delivery.
- Package all to-go orders in bags, including necessary roll-ups or any other items requested.
- Enter orders and process payments in POS.
- Previous related experience working in a high-volume and/or guest-facing environment.
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage workflow, resolve questions and issues, and be flexible in approach when needed.
- Ability to calmly interact and respond to the needs and requests of guests and approach from a place of “yes” and a solution-oriented perspective.
- Working knowledge and/or exposure to the dining room and service standards, procedures, and functions.
- Ability to work with full mobility in a fast-paced environment during the entire shift.
- Comfort and proficiency with POS.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.