Bull and Bear Roadhouse is looking to hire a Host.
At Bull and Bear, Hosts are assigned a specific function each shift with the overall focus on creating an exceptional experience for our guests.
- Focus on strategizing seating for shift, greeting guests upon arrival, and communicating accurate wait times to guests.
- Focus on assessing pace of tables seated to estimate accurate wait times, communicating status of tables to managers and taking guests to tables.
- Focus on taking all to go orders (by phone or walk-in or tablet), answering all questions about menu items, confirming preparation time with BOH team, entering orders into POS, packaging food item, presenting checks and processing payments.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to Bull and Bear’s policies and procedures including dress, style, grooming guidelines.
- Maintain friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work.
- Assist other hosts and team members as needed.
- Review any large party reservations in book prior to shift start and strategize seating options.
- Present large party information, including any special notes, to entire team at pre-shift meeting.
- Greet all guests with a smile upon arrival to Bull and Bear and maintain a calm and welcoming presence throughout shift.
- Provide accurate wait time, based on communication with managers and kitchen, and take note of guest name, party size, phone number, and any special requests.
- Review seating strategy prior to shift start.
- Consistently assess status of tables, communicating with servers as needed, and providing updates to manager on duty.
- Welcome guests into our dining room, bringing menus and seating.
- Receive all phone calls to take to-go or pick-up orders, answering any questions regarding menu items.
- Communicate with BOH team as needed to determine wait times for pick-up or delivery.
- Package all to-go orders in bags, including necessary roll-ups or any other items requested.
- Enter orders and process payments in POS.
Previous related experience working in a high-volume and/or guest-facing environment.
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage workflow, resolve questions and issues, and be flexible in approach when needed.
- Ability to calmly interact and respond to the needs and requests of guests and approach from a place of “yes” and a solution-oriented perspective.
- Working knowledge and/or exposure to dining room and service standards, procedures, and functions.
- Ability to work with full mobility in a fast-paced environment during entire shift.
- Comfort and proficiency with POS.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.