At Bull & Bear, the Dishwasher works collaboratively and cooperatively with other team members to create an exceptional experience for our guests with a focus on organizing dish pit, composting and disposing of as appropriate, running industrial dishwashing equipment, and storing clean dishes appropriately.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to Bull and Bear’s policies and procedures including dress, grooming, and attendance guidelines.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work, assisting other team members as needed.
- Know and follow all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Attends all company meetings and training sessions, as needed.
- Treat all guests, team members, and restaurant leadership with the greatest degree of respect and courtesy.
- Keep restaurant leadership promptly informed of guest service issues, taking action as appropriate.
- Scrape and pre-rinse food from dirty dishes and utensils, disposing in the trash as appropriate and placing dishes in a dishwashing machine.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand and/or machine.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster area, cleaning garbage cans and trash receptacles.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, plates, and utensils in a clean, sanitary, and organized way.
- Assemble, maintain, and break down the dish machine and dish pit area.
- Previous related experience working in a high-volume restaurant environment.
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage workflow, resolve questions and issues, and be flexible in approach when needed.
- Working knowledge and/or exposure to the dining room and service standards, procedures, and functions.
- Ability to work with full mobility in a fast-paced environment during the entire shift.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.