The Catering and Wedding Planner is dedicated to growing Bull & Bear Roadhouse’s away business: catering, pick-up, delivery, and private events. The Planner supports in developing a strategy, managing relationships, coordinating meals and setting and reaching financial targets for all business outside of the 4-walls of the restaurants. Additionally, they support the administrative needs of the Director of Catering. The role encompasses sales, administration, creative development, and strategy. The Planner is focused on ensuring that our guests enjoy warm hospitality and spectacular food regardless of where they eat it and building demand for our catering program.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions:
- Support the Director of Catering in all operational aspects of the business.
- Monitor and respond to all catering inquiries.
- Ensure all catering services exceed guest expectations.
- Communicates client's needs through timely and detailed written and verbal communications to ensure internal understanding/compliance and external guest's expectation of services.
- Coordinate with GMs and Kitchen Managers and to ensure any private events or pick-up orders are executed 100%.
- Support in all off-site events (including pop-ups, food festivals, and local events).
- Coordinate with drivers and delivery people in order to ensure timely catering and delivery service.
- On day-of catering, act as the main point of contact between delivery people and guests, in order to ensure smooth and timely delivery.
- Create and utilize order templates to clearly communicate catering orders for all people involved in the catering process.
- Executes good safety and sanitation standards at all times.
- Follows and enforces responsible service of alcohol.
- Create and optimize systems for pre-order pick-ups in all locations.
- Create systems to ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all off-premise guests.
- Regularly obtains feedback from clients and guests to improve operations.
- Create, monitor and utilize systems to create and cultivate catering “regulars” in order to strengthen our community, outside of the 4-walls.
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED); some college preferred.
- Experience with delivery, catering, and other dining options.
- Superior organizational acumen, prioritizing time and tasks with optimum efficiency.
- Full-cycle project management: the ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate, and follow-through, holding team(s) accountable.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Able to communicate effectively with the management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English.
- English reading, writing, math, and computer skills required.
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products.
- Stamina to work 50 hours or more per week.
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates.
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts.
- Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts, and strains.
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout the shift.
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system.
- Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone correspondence.
- Close vision and focus capabilities to view computer screen and company documents.