At Bull & Bear Roadhouse, The bartender ensures guests have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality service. Bartenders work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric focused on creating an exceptional experience for our guests.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control, using standards of service.
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to ensure product quality.
- Abide by all Local, State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Input orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
- Receive cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies the validity of charges, record charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all money.
- Lock up and store all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposit cash drops and secure bank.
- Assist fellow team members to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Demonstrate genuine hospitality while greeting and establishing rapport with the Guest and delivering an exceptional dining experience.
- Guide guests through menus while demonstrating a thorough knowledge of our food and beverages.
- Provide friendly and attentive service that makes guests feel well taken care of.
- Take accurate orders and partner with team members to serve food and beverages that meet or exceed guests' expectations.
- Adhere to Bull & Bear’s policies and procedures including dress, style, grooming guidelines.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work.
- Previous related experience working in a high-volume and/or guest-facing environment.
- Must have an upbeat, outgoing and positive attitude.
- Must be able to assist guests and possess great guest relations skills.
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time.
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal directions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage workflow, resolve questions and issues, and be flexible in approach when needed.